Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dum, dum, dum, dum.....

Well...it's Sunday. It's also very evident that this is my last day of freedom for spring break. I'm a little bit sad, however, I'm surprisingly ready to go back to school tomorrow! I miss my kiddos and I miss my friends at work. Heck, I even miss the faces that I smile at every morning who really aren't my "friends".




Although it's a bittersweet feeling, I did have a WONDERFUL spring break doing much of nothing. I spent time with my dear sweet sister/friend Capree. You know you have a true friend when you hang out together for several hours at her house and even if the conversation is non-existent because we are both distracted by magazines or Internet or talk shows...it never feels awkward. It's nice to know she's just right there...with you...having a conversation without actually speaking sometimes. I just love our friendship! Earlier in the week we both went together and had our hair done! Of course, we ventured on a few shopping trips and then saw each other at church this morning. Most of you who know me well, know that I'm VERY untrusting and skeptical about becoming close with friends. You can thank my past friend experiences for that...but I feel totally at ease and trustful around her. Thank you Capree!!



I also had a slumber party with my mom Friday night because Greg was out of town for a bachelor party. We had too much fun shopping, eating, and giggling....a lot! I'm so blessed to have a mom that I actually want to spend time with! She is my hero.



Lastly, I just want to say something while we're being all mushy with who I love. I love Stacey Lynn Jolley Webb. She was on my mind during church this morning. The pastor was talking about "imagery"...you know, people who resemble the image of Jesus through their words, actions, spirit, attitude, etc. All I know is that everything he spoke about made me think of Stacey. She is my "image" that I follow. I think about her always..and sometimes when I'm trying to think Christ like, I find myself saying "What would Stacey do?" Not because I idolize her or anything weird like that. Simply because His light shines through her and you can't help but take notice to it. She makes me want to be a better person and makes everyone around her so happy. She lights up the room wherever she goes! I just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm so happy to have her as a best friend and I think the world is a better place with her in it! :)



Okay...now after I've poured all of these silly emotions out, I have to go grocery shopping. My little boy is craving lots of applesauce and peaches!! Mmmmm....peachessssssss. Muah!